YourAccount Block for Private Messages

Dragonfly issues as they relate to modules discussed here

17 Sep '13 Tue Sep 17, 2013 23:18    
layingback
Site Admin  
  •  

Post YourAccount Block for Private Messages

Found a need to be able to monitor a member's Sent and Out Box. In particular new members who appear to be signed up just to post "spam". I wanted to see immediately if they were possibly spamming other members through PM.

Nothing available, so took the long route ... Laughing

Find in downloads here.

Couple of things to consider:

Just 1 of my sites I had issues getting the cached value of the max In/Sent/Out Box values from Forums. Couldn't find reason, so added code such that if no value returned it'll assume the default of 100. (You can easily change in code if you encounter this problem and have a different size, or you use ForumsPro.)

This will likely only work with MySQL - I didn't want to scan the user's PM index 5 times (In box, Sent Box, Out Box, Save Box and New mail) to get the counts, so used a MySQL-specific trick to read all 5 in one pass.

Behaves as usual, in that user can see their own PM Stats info, but not anyone else's - unless they are an Admin.

And for good measure I added in "Your have Mail" message is unread New mail exists.

Let me know if you find it useful.

Have tested with DF v9.2.1, would expect it to work with any DF9 release, but have no way to test ...

layingback's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)

2.6.32 / 1.3 - 2.4 / 5.5 - 5.6 / 5.4 - 5.5 / 9.4

Link  QR 
Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   google+   linkedin   twitthis  
Show more ...

Forum Permissions - You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum