Dragonfly issues as they relate to modules discussed here
Reply to topicReply to topic
Go to page  Previous  1, 2 

25 Jan '15 Sun Jan 25, 2015 20:13    
layingback
Site Admin  
  •  

Post Re: 3rd Level DF Menus

What version did you upgrade from? (I stayed on 9.2.1 for ever because I got the "badlink" error for admin on every version of 9.2.3 and later, and could not get anyone to look at it as it only seemed to happen to me. But I didn't have that issue with 9.4.0.0 else I'd still be on 9.2.1! I only upgraded because all the PHP 5.5 changes were so widespread to install manually.)

Do you get the badlink error on all 3 sites, or just that 1? I wonder if it has anything to do with what you were doing as admin before the upgrade? Anything different to the 2 that worked OK - if the did?

You have tried logging out and logging in again I presume? (That seems to be almost a requirement with a 9.4 upgrade - without it to will not see any Admin > System or > General menu entries - but of course you can't tell if that's the case with no menus ...)

Are the footers the same in either of the other sites - so I can take a look?

layingback's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)

2.6.32 / 1.3 - 2.4 / 5.5 - 5.6 / 5.4 - 5.5 / 9.4

25 Jan '15 Sun Jan 25, 2015 20:17    
layingback
Site Admin  
  •  

If PHP version different does that imply different servers and/or ISPs? Log shot, but have you thought of comparing php.ini in case there was a difference?

25 Jan '15 Sun Jan 25, 2015 20:36    
rosbif
BetaTester  BetaTester
  •  

Weird. I have upgraded the following to 9.4.0; all are with the same host, 1 and 2 are together on the same server :

1) Chantillyexpat.com - php 5.3.27 - footer ok, security ok
2) Lasourcetranquille.com - php 5.3.27 - no footer, security problem
3) aparc.com - php 5.3.28 - no footer, security problem

Not sure what versions I upgraded from, the first one was probably older than the other two.

rosbif's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)

Linux/2.2.11/4.1.22/5.2.17/9.3.4.1

26 Jan '15 Mon Jan 26, 2015 00:11    
layingback
Site Admin  
  •  

Maybe the diagnostics will provide a hint? If you can't login in as admin then you'll need to edit config php to show full diagnostics temporarily.

26 Jan '15 Mon Jan 26, 2015 00:31    
rosbif
BetaTester  BetaTester
  •  

I can log in fine as admin, just can't change anything when I'm there! And even if I can turn diagnostics on in the database directly they display in the footer so,I can't see them!!!

30 Jan '15 Fri Jan 30, 2015 19:31    
rosbif
BetaTester  BetaTester
  •  

I've just tried changing to the default theme and now I'm getting an SQL error:

Code:
the following error occured: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE l.active=1 AND l.view IN (0,3)' at line 1

I can't work out why... But I do then get the menu up the top (nothing in the footer mind).

This is the SQL

Code:
While executing query "(SELECT l.title, '' AS label, l.link, l.link_type, l.view, l.active, l.cat_id, l.pos AS linkpos, c.name, c.image, c.pos AS catpos, c.link AS catlnk, c.link_type AS cattype FROM cms_modules_links AS l LEFT JOIN cms_modules_cat c ON (c.cid = l.cat_id)) UNION (SELECT b.name AS title, '1' AS label, b.link, b.link_type, '1' AS view, '1' AS active, cat_id, b.pos AS linkpos, c.name, c.image, c.pos AS catpos, c.link AS catlnk, c.link_type AS cattype FROM cms_modules_lbl AS b LEFT JOIN cms_modules_cat c ON (c.cid = cat_id)) WHERE l.active=1 AND l.view IN (0,3)"

30 Jan '15 Fri Jan 30, 2015 20:05    
rosbif
BetaTester  BetaTester
  •  

Looks like I've fixed it; in footer.php in the root are the following two lines;

Code:
// MS-Analysis Entry
//	  require( "modules/MS_Analysis/mstrack.php" );
	require_once('modules/IP_Tracker/iptracking.inc');

That seems to be what is breaking the whole thing with php 5.3. If you comment out the IP_Tracker line, everything starts working again! The reason why one of my sites worked whilst the others didn't is because the older install had those modules from an earlier version...

30 Jan '15 Fri Jan 30, 2015 20:14    
layingback
Site Admin  
  •  

Struggling a bit here without module name and line number Wink but I think this must be my new lines 55-56 of includes/cssmainmenu.php.

If so I don't see anything like 'WHERE l.active=1 AND l.view IN (0,3)' it should end with the '))' before that ...

Can you check a) that code, b) the line number listed with the error and c) what it says on the working site?

I think you may have added $lnkquery to end of line 56 instead of line 55 where it is on my copy. Here's what I have

PHP:
// Load custom links from database
//$sql = "SELECT l.title, l.link, l.link_type, l.view, l.active, l.cat_id, l.pos AS linkpos, c.name, c.image, c.pos AS catpos, c.link AS catlnk, c.link_type AS cattype FROM ".$prefix."_modules_links AS l LEFT JOIN ".$prefix."_modules_cat c ON (c.cid = l.cat_id) $lnkquery";
$sql = "(SELECT l.title, '' AS label, l.link, l.link_type, l.view, l.active, l.cat_id, l.pos AS linkpos, c.name, c.image, c.pos AS catpos, c.link AS catlnk, c.link_type AS cattype FROM ".$prefix."_modules_links AS l LEFT JOIN ".$prefix."_modules_cat c ON (c.cid = l.cat_id) $lnkquery)";
$sql .= " UNION (SELECT b.name AS title, '1' AS label, b.link, b.link_type, '1' AS view, '1' AS active, cat_id, b.pos AS linkpos, c.name, c.image, c.pos AS catpos, c.link AS catlnk, c.link_type AS cattype FROM ".$prefix."_modules_lbl AS b LEFT JOIN ".$prefix."_modules_cat c ON (c.cid = cat_id))";

Be aware that the patches for 3rd level menus were different for reDesign and all other themes. So you may never have really tested 3rd level menus in default before ... (reDesign has its own copy at themes/reDesign3/includes/cssmainmenu.php.)

30 Jan '15 Fri Jan 30, 2015 20:20    
rosbif
BetaTester  BetaTester
  •  

Absolutely right - $lnkquery was added to the wrong line. And it only showed up when I switched to default.

I have it all working now, see above. Enjoyed finding the cause too!

2 Mar '18 Fri Mar 02, 2018 19:06    
rosbif
BetaTester  BetaTester
  •  

Posting on an old topic again, sorry!

Two things.
1) How did you get Home to be the current (and therefore highlighted) menu item when on index.html? My version doesn't seem to recognise that.
2) Have you got this working on an iPad, as my site seems to be completely broken on it

Link  QR 
Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   google+   linkedin   twitthis  
Show more ...
Go to page  Previous  1, 2

Forum Permissions - You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum