Editing title with quotation marks

3.4 Forum ONLY: If you've run into a problem, such as an error message, blank page, or similar problem, this is where to look. Post any installation or other problems or questions here, and I and other users will try to help.

28 Sep '13 Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:08    
rosbif
BetaTester  BetaTester
  •  

Post Editing title with quotation marks

Not sure if this has always been the case but I submitted an article successfully with the title Week-end "Pépinières & Plantes d'exception", including those quotation marks. I also added a photo and gave it the same caption. It displays perfectly but when I went to edit it the bit in quotation marks is deleted from both the title and the caption.

Also the event name that is added to the calendar comes out as Week-end "Pépinières & Plantes d'exception", and the link to the originating article is www.chantillyexpat.com...aid=.html, ie with no article id.

rosbif's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)

Linux/2.2.11/4.1.22/5.2.17/9.3.4.1

28 May '14 Wed May 28, 2014 10:57    
Witewolf
Sponsor  Sponsor
  •  

Post Re: Editing title with quotation marks

Yes, that is common with most posting areas and sites, when using the double quotation mark ". What would stop your problem, would be the single quotation mark '. However I bet using the single could cause you trouble from the database side of things. Maybe even mess up your page display when using the data containing the quotes. This is just my guess here, but it may be worth looking into.

Witewolf's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)

Linux/Apache2/MySQL 5.0.51a/PHP 5.2.17/DF v9.2.1

Link  QR 
Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   google+   linkedin   twitthis  
Show more ...

Forum Permissions - You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum