Need someone to code some JavaScript/ECMAscript if poss.

For everything else related to Pro_News - tips, tricks, your new ways to use and extend it. A place to exchange ideas and explore future possibilities.

14 Jul '09 Tue Jul 14, 2009 16:13    
layingback
Site Admin  
  •  

Post Need someone to code some JavaScript/ECMAscript if poss.

As anyone who's posted with Pro_News 3.0 or later will have seen, I've created sub-groups for each of Calendar, Photo Album, Key Fields and Article Display. (Try Submiting and Article here on this site to see the Submit ARticel screen.) And now with Related Articles currently under development there are 5 of these sub-groups. (See this screenshot.)

So the Submit Article screen is getting a) too long, and b) somewhat foreboding for a new user.

What I would like to do - if I could program JavaScript quickly enough - is replace these (up to) 5 sub-groups with (up to) 5 icons in a single row - in place of the 5 sub-groups. The user then clicks on 1 of the 5 icons if they want in order to enter their respective data. The attached screenshot shows the effect of replacing 5 sub-groups with 5 icons.

The necessary HTML changes to bring this new set of 5 icons about is also attached. The new code is inserted just above

Code:
		<!-- IF article_form.G_CALENDAR -->

starting at around line 42.

The clever JavaScript coding comes in because Submit Article still has to function on a browser with JavaScript disabled. Thus the full page has to display as it does today, and then the subgroups be hidden, and the (up to) 5 icons shown, under JavaScript control. That way anyone with JavaScript disabled will still see and can use the full set of sub-groups.

Any takers?

layingback's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)

2.6.32 / 1.3 - 2.4 / 5.5 - 5.6 / 5.4 - 5.5 / 9.4

Link  QR 
Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   google+   linkedin   twitthis  
Show more ...

Forum Permissions - You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum