Finally, I tried Pro_News

For everything else related to Pro_News - tips, tricks, your new ways to use and extend it. A place to exchange ideas and explore future possibilities.

29 Mar '15 Sun Mar 29, 2015 19:24    
warden
Newbie  Newbie
  •  

Post Finally, I tried Pro_News

Yes, finally I tried Pro_News module and I am really blown away! What a nice module!

I would like to ask about rearranging the display of sections on the default Pro_News page. I would like for the Members Pages to display at the bottom of the page instead of the top of the page. I tried to follow the code but I got lost. On the Admin > Config > Sections page I can see where other sections can be rearranged but it shows the Members Pages directly below the Admin pages and I would like to be able to move this to the bottom. Is this easily possible or would it require major coding work?

Thanks for your work on this module layingback. It really is nice. And while I am at it, thank you for keeping up the Redesign theme!

warden's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)

L-3.x A-2.2x M-5.5x P-5.0x DF-9.4.0.0

30 Mar '15 Mon Mar 30, 2015 18:37    
layingback
Site Admin  
  •  

Post Re: Finally, I tried Pro_News

Better late than never! Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing

It's in use at so many sites now, and some of them are pretty large, and no serious problems - or small ones - as far as I know.

You are on 4.0 I would hope?

I think it would be a fairly big coding job. And I think you are the only person other than me using it. (I had thought it would be big ...)

If you really need it, and are comfortable with tweaking the code, how about either turning off the display of Member's pages in Config to suppress it and then adding a link to it yourself later in the template, or in a center down block?

Or leave display of member's pages enabled, but modify the template to put a special CSS class on that Section entry (Sec 0)? Then adjust it's display position with CSS (assuming the length of the display, ie number of Sections/Cats is static).

I'm way to busy with reDesign (and Enhanced BBCode) to undertake the change, but if you want to develop the code to handle it yourself and forward it to me, I'll include in the next release so you don't have to do it again.

layingback's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)

2.6.32 / 1.3 - 2.4 / 5.5 - 5.6 / 5.4 - 5.5 / 9.4

30 Mar '15 Mon Mar 30, 2015 19:42    
layingback
Site Admin  
  •  

Post Re: Finally, I tried Pro_News

BTW, thanks for documenting your appreciation for Pro_News. But could you also say the same at dragonflycms.org/Forums/ please? TIA!

layingback's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)

2.6.32 / 1.3 - 2.4 / 5.5 - 5.6 / 5.4 - 5.5 / 9.4

Link  QR 
Share this Printer Friendly Page  facebook   google+   linkedin   twitthis  
Show more ...

Forum Permissions - You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum