Forum dedicated to discussion of articles posted in Home page of Pro_News
رد على موضوعرد على موضوع
انتقل الى صفحة السابق  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  التالي 

31 Dec '69 الخميس اغسطس 27, 2009 13:19    
rosbif
BetaTester  BetaTester
  •  

مساهمة Re: Pro_News version 3.2: Lots of Improvement

I'm sorry I've not been able to do any testing on this release - it's been a hectic summer! I would like to get this version working though as I have a week at home next week. Quick question - can I just overwrite my version 3 with this one and it'll carry on working as normal? Then I can start playing with the new features to try and replace the News module completely.

rosbif's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)

Linux/2.2.11/4.1.22/5.2.17/9.3.4.1

31 Dec '69 الخميس اغسطس 27, 2009 18:38    
layingback
Site Admin  
  •  

Yes, to the upgrade from any version of Pro_News.

layingback's server specs (Server OS / Apache / MySQL / PHP / DragonflyCMS)

2.6.32 / 1.3 - 2.4 / 5.5 - 5.6 / 5.4 - 5.5 / 9.4

31 Dec '69 الجمعة اغسطس 28, 2009 10:37    
rosbif
BetaTester  BetaTester
  •  

Just loaded it up - no problems with the upgrade.

I notice all articles default to display in home - is there any way of making the 'tick' in the edit articles page clickable so that you can turn this option on and off without having to edit each article?

31 Dec '69 الجمعة اغسطس 28, 2009 11:07    
rosbif
BetaTester  BetaTester
  •  

Couple of quick questions...

I've got the display working as I wanted (wow - that's a lot of work, thanks!). On my existing home page I have 'Breaking News' set above my News section, with just a message which is my 'welcome to the site' thingy. If I try and add that to Pro_News I'll get that same block on every Pro_News page. Is there any way of changing it so that it only displays when viewing the home page?

Also, the Breadcrumb display on the header is defaulting to show whatever section is the latest news. Is there any way of changing that so that it just says Pro News?

31 Dec '69 الجمعة اغسطس 28, 2009 11:29    
rosbif
BetaTester  BetaTester
  •  

Another one (sorry!)

My headline view is messed up, presumably because of HTML tags being truncated?

Look here. It used to work fine but since the upgrade is messed up. Is it something I've done?

In an ideal world I'd have the home display sorted by just article date, whilst different individual sections can be displayed by category then by article. Is that possible?

31 Dec '69 الجمعة اغسطس 28, 2009 18:14    
layingback
Site Admin  
  •  

- rosbif

Just loaded it up - no problems with the upgrade.

I notice all articles default to display in home - is there any way of making the 'tick' in the edit articles page clickable so that you can turn this option on and off without having to edit each article?

A good idea, but not this release. The actual change to do something like this is very easy - take a look at the code for Active and Approved. The issue is checking that everything else still works when you are "refreshing" the screen mid-transaction.

- rosbif

I've got the display working as I wanted (wow - that's a lot of work, thanks!). On my existing home page I have 'Breaking News' set above my News section, with just a message which is my 'welcome to the site' thingy. If I try and add that to Pro_News I'll get that same block on every Pro_News page. Is there any way of changing it so that it only displays when viewing the home page?

If I understand what you are trying to do correctly, I'd would create a new Section to house Breaking News, and set that section to display in Home page, and its articles to only display on Home Page. Then it should be absent from all other pages.

- rosbif

Another one (sorry!)
Also, the Breadcrumb display on the header is defaulting to show whatever section is the latest news. Is there any way of changing that so that it just says Pro News?

Not really - I only added that as a result of comments from BrokenCrust and RoastBeef (or a name something like that يغمز ) If you want to change it look for the $pagetitle line in functions.php - it should be easy.

- rosbif

Look here. It used to work fine but since the upgrade is messed up. Is it something I've done?

Ahhh! That was a change - in 3.1 IIRC - that fixed a bug so that the preset lengths of Headlines got calculated correctly. So you may need to up those values some in Config, to get the same result as before. I usually set them as high as I need for the site I'm working on to get rid of any interrupted HTML pairs.

- rosbif

In an ideal world I'd have the home display sorted by just article date, whilst different individual sections can be displayed by category then by article. Is that possible?

In a word no. Not unless you duplicate Sections. Seems like a good idea, but I think the UI involved to pull it off might be, well, less than obvious يغمز I've got to draw the line somewhere!!! This is already the most complex module ever built for DF - of that I'm sure - or probably any of the Nuke series!

31 Dec '69 السبت اغسطس 29, 2009 09:17    
rosbif
BetaTester  BetaTester
  •  

- layingback

- rosbif

If I understand what you are trying to do correctly, I'd would create a new Section to house Breaking News, and set that section to display in Home page, and its articles to only display on Home Page. Then it should be absent from all other pages.

Sounds like a plan - I'll give it a try.

- layingback

- rosbif

Another one (sorry!)

Not really - I only added that as a result of comments from BrokenCrust and RoastBeef (or a name something like that يغمز ) If you want to change it look for the $pagetitle line in functions.php - it should be easy.

Damn, sorry!

- layingback

- rosbif

Ahhh! That was a change - in 3.1 IIRC - that fixed a bug so that the preset lengths of Headlines got calculated correctly. So you may need to up those values some in Config, to get the same result as before. I usually set them as high as I need for the site I'm working on to get rid of any interrupted HTML pairs.

I've had a play with the lengths and it's not making any difference. It seems that the sid value is not getting passed (as the articles from other sections are appearing too. And the text that seems to be ruining the display - I'm not sure where it's coming from! It may be an upload error - any ideas which file it may be? It also only appears as an error when mode=hdln or home is used.

- layingback

- rosbif

In a word no. Not unless you duplicate Sections. Seems like a good idea, but I think the UI involved to pull it off might be, well, less than obvious يغمز I've got to draw the line somewhere!!! This is already the most complex module ever built for DF - of that I'm sure - or probably any of the Nuke series!

I guess I was just thinking that the display order could be set by section and globally, then the by section order used when looking at one section only whereas the global setting is used when looking at all.

31 Dec '69 السبت اغسطس 29, 2009 10:19    
rosbif
BetaTester  BetaTester
  •  

It appears the 'Display by Category by Section' isn't working properly either anymore. I used to have two 'tables', one for each category when looking at one section with headlines..

31 Dec '69 السبت اغسطس 29, 2009 10:34    
rosbif
BetaTester  BetaTester
  •  

It also seems that it is line 1647 in functions.php that is not being parsed properly (or something) and being output as text rather than changing the background colour...

31 Dec '69 السبت اغسطس 29, 2009 19:05    
layingback
Site Admin  
  •  

I've seen that display error before... on some of my old custom templates. I think it is an incompatibility between this release and the version of the template you are using. If you are using one of your own, can you try with the corresponding latest release version and see if it works correctly then? If it does, and you can't see what's causing it, email me the template, and I'll take a look. Maybe a few days before I can get to it though. Sorry for the problem and the response, but I'm a bit rushed at the present....

31 Dec '69 الاحد اغسطس 30, 2009 06:27    
rosbif
BetaTester  BetaTester
  •  

- rosbif

It also seems that it is line 1647 in functions.php that is not being parsed properly (or something) and being output as text rather than changing the background colour...

I hadn't changed any templates and am using the latest. However, on index2gly and index2alb you need to change line 48 from

Code:
			<div class="pn_padpanel"> {newshdline.hdline_addtl.U_BGCOLOR}</div>

to

Code:
			<div class="pn_padpanel" {newshdline.hdline_addtl.U_BGCOLOR}> 

The extra DIV closing was the main problem for headline view

31 Dec '69 الاحد اغسطس 30, 2009 06:46    
rosbif
BetaTester  BetaTester
  •  

The main problem now seems to be with the List by Articles selection. When I select that in the main config and try and look at a link using headline view and a specific section it is pulling up the wrong articles. I am guessing there is an error in the SQL. If I select list by category by section it works fine.

Is there a way of leaving the list by as by category and by section and just changing the home page view only to by article?

31 Dec '69 الاحد اغسطس 30, 2009 06:54    
rosbif
BetaTester  BetaTester
  •  

It also looks like the hdln view (as opposed to the home view) is not showing articles that are set not to display in home.

31 Dec '69 الاحد اغسطس 30, 2009 20:20    
layingback
Site Admin  
  •  

Taking them in reverse order:

- rosbif

It also looks like the hdln view (as opposed to the home view) is not showing articles that are set not to display in home.

If it is displaying in the Home Page, ie. the DF home page (which includes the 'trick' url's that dupe Pro_News into thinking it is on the DF home page) then the "Do not display in Home' article will not display - regardless whether the display mode is home, or hdline, or anything else.

- rosbif

The main problem now seems to be with the List by Articles selection. When I select that in the main config and try and look at a link using headline view and a specific section it is pulling up the wrong articles. I am guessing there is an error in the SQL. If I select list by category by section it works fine.

Hmm! Never coded that combo when I added the 'trick' url's! Try this. Find around line 1451 in functions.php:

PHP:
						$sql .= ((in_array(ereg_replace('www.', '', $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']), $domain) ? ' WHERE (s.in_home="1" OR s.in_home="'.array_search(ereg_replace('www.', '', $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']), $domain).'")' : ' WHERE s.in_home="1"'));

and replace with:

PHP:
						if ($sid == '') {
$sql .= ((in_array(ereg_replace('www.', '', $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']), $domain) ? ' WHERE (s.in_home="1" OR s.in_home="'.array_search(ereg_replace('www.', '', $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']), $domain).'")' : ' WHERE s.in_home="1"'));
} else {
$sql .= ' AND s.id="'.$sid.'"';
}

- rosbif

Is there a way of leaving the list by as by category and by section and just changing the home page view only to by article?

No, not really.

- rosbif

The extra DIV closing was the main problem for headline view.

Yes, I figure that out last night too, but I was having trouble with my ISP, so couldn't notify you. Glad you figured it out. Don't know how that got through unfixed, but index2abl.html is fixed now, and commited to CVS.

- rosbif

I guess I was just thinking that the display order could be set by section and globally, then the by section order used when looking at one section only whereas the global setting is used when looking at all.

Isn't that what happens today? Set List By to Articles, and default sort order to Date Descending, then if you display individual Sections (by cpgmm menu entries, eg) they will display in Section order.

31 Dec '69 الاثنين اغسطس 31, 2009 08:23    
rosbif
BetaTester  BetaTester
  •  

- layingback

- rosbif

If it is displaying in the Home Page, ie. the DF home page (which includes the 'trick' url's that dupe Pro_News into thinking it is on the DF home page) then the "Do not display in Home' article will not display - regardless whether the display mode is home, or hdline, or anything else.

It was on the page ...Pro_News/mode=hdln/sid=8.html that I was thinking of. I was hoping that as this wasn't the home page that an article should display if not set to show in home.

- layingback

- rosbif

Hmm! Never coded that combo when I added the 'trick' url's! Try this. Find around line 1451 in functions.php:

PHP:

and replace with:

PHP:
						if ($sid == '') {
} else {
$sql .= ' AND s.id="'.$sid.'"';
}

Thanks, I'll try that...

- layingback

- rosbif

No, not really.

OK, I'll see if there's some other way.

- layingback

- rosbif

The extra DIV closing was the main problem for headline view.

Yes, I figure that out last night too, but I was having trouble with my ISP, so couldn't notify you. Glad you figured it out. Don't know how that got through unfixed, but index2abl.html is fixed now, and commited to CVS.

It's in index2gly too...

- layingback

- rosbif

Isn't that what happens today? Set List By to Articles, and default sort order to Date Descending, then if you display individual Sections (by cpgmm menu entries, eg) they will display in Section order.

Ah what I meant was that the List by option could be set per section rather than globally, that way one section could be article, one could be by category by article etc. I appreciate this may be a little difficult to do though!

I am so impressed with the amount of work going into this, like you say what could be the premier module on DF! Certainly when I have it configured properly it'll be the main module on my site. Thanks again!

Link  QR 
Share this صفحة للطباعة  facebook   google+   linkedin   twitthis  
Show more ...